Jun 9, 2013

Family Matters

Chapter VI
Family Matters

Back Story- Wish You Were Here
So after I spent nearly 5 hours searching for songs that I wanted to use for Dana's memorial a few weeks ago, there was one song that I wanted to use, but I couldn't think of the name of it.  Each song has been picked with a special meaning.  It was bugging me that I couldn't remember (mind went blank) the last song that I wanted to use.  So the next day I was out and about, and actually heard it on the radio.  I couldn't believe it.  After 30 seconds of turning on the car radio, it popped up.  I'm not sure if it was a sign from above, but I knew that I had to include it.  So here's 'Wish You Were Here' by Pink Floyd, a band that Dana liked, along with The Beatles.




 

















For this final chapter, I wanted to talk about Dana's family/relatives.  Dana wanted her family to not grieve for her, but to live for her.  That's Dana for you, always thinking of others and not wanting people to worry about her.  I can't thank the family enough (including Katha, Dana's Mom) for helping me out, even if it was just answering a question I was afraid to ask.  Thank you.

I had only wrote 5 chapters for Dana's memorial, but while talking to Dana's Mom, she told me the following.

Dana wasn't afraid to die, but she was afraid that people would forget about her.

So, once her Mom told me this, I asked a few of Dana's friends from CF camp to write a few words about her, or a memory or two they'd like to share, that is if they wanted to.

None of us will never forget about you Dana.  Never.



Answer: To talk to an angel, just open your heart.
==============================



THE END


Back to. . .
In Memory: Camp Onkoi Benek



"Wish You Were Here"
By: Pink Floyd
Year: 1975

No comments:

Post a Comment