Mar 10, 2013

Heart Broken At 11

Chapter V
Heart Broken At 11

So how was this going to go?  Was I going to write both Liz and Margaret in one letter, or write them two separate letters and stick them in the same envelope, or write them separately?  I chose to write them separately, knowing one or the other would still read the others letter. 
I continued to keep in touch with both sisters, and of course we both sent each other pictures.

I was heading into my 3rd year of camp, and our theme was going to be beavers in history, celebrating our countries history.  I hadn't heard from Liz or Margaret about returning to camp, but I assume at least one of them would, then. . .  I'd get the letter that changed everything.


I'm not sure who it was that wrote me (Liz or Margaret), but they told me they both wouldn't be attending camp that year, due to being in Indianapolis, IN.  WHAT?  I was heart broken.  My two best friends from camp wouldn't be attending. I knew they both attended college (I believe they were out for the summer) and I knew they traveled a lot, but why?  Why now?  Why the week of July 7th - 14th 1990?


I was still going to camp, but it was one week I wasn't as excited about.  Two people I cared about the most weren't attending, and my 11 year old heart was broken.  So what was a kid to do?  Pray.

I prayed so much for the next two months on a daily basis and never missed a day. Some days I just prayed for a few minutes, but some I prayed for 30 minutes. I just remember thinking how could this happen?


Meatloaf once sang "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad", but one out of two ain't bad either. I was hoping that at least one of them would come to camp.


Camp was roughly 70 something days away and I was losing hope very fast.


Continue. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment