Apr 6, 2016

Remembering Christy 15 Years Later Part III



For the past 3 years I've had two dreams that were the same. I dream about a blonde girl in a lovely and breathtaking white dress near a creek. She's near a large tree and there are about 4-5 kids running around the tree, about 30 feet away from her. 

Where am I in this dream? I'm on top of a small hill next to a bench standing up and just watching her, as she slowly walks along the edge of the creek. The grass is Ireland green, with no weeds or dandelions in sight.

Now you see why I love benches, because I think of Christy anytime I'm near one.

In both dreams, I never walked down near her, which she's about 500 feet away from me. I don't know who the girl is, but I can only guess it's Christy. She's the only girl I ever dream about in my sleep. I can see her face, but at a distance, and I can't make out who it is.

Since I'm extremely sensitive to noises, it was so peaceful. No loudness, no being jolted by noises that rattle me. In my dream, whatever place this is, I was so relaxed and at peace.

This is a place I would love to be. One day I hope to get back there in my dreams and finish the story. Maybe it's just my brain playing mind games, but whatever it is, and whatever it takes, I'll get back there.


Here we are 15 years later and I still think of her during the day, at night, and in my dreams. That won't change until I die, and sometimes life's plans don't work out, as she left before me. Somehow, someway, I'm still here, but maybe. . .  just maybe. .  I'll embrace her once again.




Until we meet on that bench.






                        PROMISE by Ben Howard
   (from the 2014 motion picture soundtrack If I Stay)

No comments:

Post a Comment